Click here to access the full candidate profile.
Education & Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Fire Administration or Fire Science and ten or more years of progressively-responsible experience in a municipal fire department, including a minimum of three years supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained.
Compensation & Benefits
The City of Kennewick offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including:
- $10,190 – $14,266 monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Flex/compressed work schedule (9/80)
- Sick leave
- Retirement plan (LEOFF)
- Take-home vehicle
- Employer contribution (ICMA 401a): 8.5% of monthly gross salary
- Deferred compensation plan (ICMA 457): can contribute up to $19,000/year if under 50, up to $25,000/year if over 50
- Life insurance employer contribution of 1.5% of annual base pay (not to exceed $250,000)
- Optional: annual cash-out of up to 80 hours of PTO