This position requires significant leadership experience in Fire Service, Public Administration or a related field, and a minimum of ten (10) years extensive progressive responsibility of positions in the fire service, or any combination of education and experience sufficient to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the identified job duties and responsibilities. Additionally, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
- Must possess or obtain a valid State of Oregon driver’s license.
- Must establish permanent residency within the geographical boundaries of the Fire District within six (6) months from the date of employment.
- Must maintain a level of mental and physical fitness required to perform the examples of work performed of this classification.
- Must possess or obtain (within 24 months) a State of Oregon license as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
- An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college is preferred.
- NFPA Fire Officer I or equivalent.
- NFPA Instructor I or equivalent.
- NFPA Hazards Materials Operations Level or equivalent.
- National Incident Management System ICS 100, 200, 300, 400.
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual Salary: $100,000 – $130,000 (depending on qualifications)
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage
or a Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Staff Vehicle
Click here to access the full candidate profile.